L’ORÉAL-UNESCO Award website with details
The 2005 award winners (physicists in celebration of the International Year of Physics) are:
- for Africa: Zohra BEN LAKHDAR (Tunisia)
- for Latin America: Belita KOILLER (Brazil)
- for North America: Myriam P. SARACHIK (United States)
- for Asia: Fumiko YONEZAWA (Japan)
- for Europe: Dominique LANGEVIN (France)
"As a natural extension of the L’OREAL-UNESCO Awards, given to exceptional women scientists, a L’ORÉAL-UNESCO Fellowship programme was founded to encourage young women researchers in the Life Sciences. The 2005 list of 15 Fellows includes a strong showing from emerging countries such as Burkina Faso, the DPR of Korea, Jordan, and Cuba."